Today I’m going to share some simple strategies I used to increase my podcast downloads overnight. As with many people, the main reason why I launched my podcast was to build a community and reach out to more people. This enabled me to reach a new audience and boost the relationship I had with my existing audience. Because let’s face it- podcasts are still an excellent way for content marketers to boost their audience. Here’s how I tripled my podcast downloads overnight.
Take advantage of iTunes New & Noteworthy’
- 1 Take advantage of iTunes New & Noteworthy’
- 2 Give Each Podcast Needs A Boost
- 3 Use Your Email List As Episodes Launch
- 4 Show People Exactly How To Subscribe
- 5 Why It’s Difficult To Measure Your Podcast Stats
- 6 Ways To Track Your Podcast Stats
- 7 Here is a list of 14 Examples of Podcasts and Their Downloads.
One of the best ways to gain traction when launching a podcast is to enter the New & Noteworthy’ area of iTunes. This section is reserved for popular and new podcasts within around eight weeks following their launch date. This is a great time to exploit the iTunes homepage and realize your podcasting potential. Although Apple doesn’t show exactly who you can penetrate the New & Noteworthy’ area, I was able to gain access to this section by ensuring a consistent stream of fresh episodes to my subscribers and high engagement per episode. The New & Noteworthy’ category of iTunes is highly competitive and therefore, you need to be ready from the start.
Give Each Podcast Needs A Boost
When it comes to increasing podcast downloads the New & Noteworthy’ category of iTunes is extremely important. Many of my blog businesses have succeeded after showing up well in this section. Showing up well in this section is a great way for your blog business to gain traction. While iTunes will allow you to create an audience, it’s also important to give your downloads a push in order to start ranking well. For example, I planned out eight high-quality articles to post on my website at the start of my podcast’s iTunes debut to ensure it ranks well from the word go. Without that little bit of a boost, your show may lie idle for a number of weeks before its peaks in this section of iTunes.
Use Your Email List As Episodes Launch
To increase my podcasts even further, I leveraged my email list by releasing my shows to my subscribers. Since they already know me and the quality of my content, they already wanted to hear more from me. My subscribers had the option to click the link and listen to the whole episode. A headline I usually use to entice my subscribers is: Podcast #10: Discussing Content Marketing With Authority Figure (Name)
Show People Exactly How To Subscribe
Whenever I introduce my content to people, I normally tell them that I’m an experienced podcaster. However, some people do not know how to subscribe. At the end of each episode, I show them how to subscribe to my podcasts.
Important Notes About How To Count Podcast Downloads
Once you have released your podcast to an anxious audience, you will certainly want to find out how popular your show is, and determine who’s is downloading it.
Why It’s Difficult To Measure Your Podcast Stats
There are a number of reasons why getting accurate podcast stats is not easy:
• iTunes doesn’t offer stats to podcast publishers
• Not everyone relies on iTunes. Some use another podcast application while others download the show directly from your website.
• Instead of downloading the podcast, some people stream the show from a mobile device, internet radio or a web browser.
• Downloads cannot be a true measure of podcast success. Some listeners may set an application to download different shows, while others will download a given show several times.
Ways To Track Your Podcast Stats
Feedburner Service: by using this service to share your show’s RSS feed, you can obtain some great information about the number of listeners you have gained, and the number of people who interact with your site. You can also get information about what application people use to download your shows and from which part of the world the downloads are being made.
Podcast stats with Blubrry: it is also advisable to take a look at blubrry.com. This is an online service and basically, you prefix your podcast address when measuring your stats. You can view the stats online or have them emailed to you on a regular basis.
Here is a list of 14 Examples of Podcasts and Their Downloads.
- The Improve Photography Podcast – 24,000 downloads per episode.
- Photo Taco Podcast – 7,700 downloads per episode.
- Weekend Games Podcast – 20 to 30 downloads per episode.
- LSAT Prep Podcast – 1,000 downloads per episode.
- Home School People Podcast – 750 downloads per episode.
- The Art of Charm – 80,000 downloads per episode.
- Hair Dressers Unite! – 200 to 300 downloads per episode.
- School of Podcasting – 1,200 to 2,000 downloads per episode
- Ding Dong Podcast – 500 downloads per episode
- Religion Answers Podcast – 200 downloads per episode.
- The Audacity to Podcast – 7,500 downloads per episode
- Being Honest with My Ex – 700 downloads per episode
- Portrait Session Podcast – 5,000 downloads per episode.
Related Post: How to Get Podcast Advertisers? (The Ultimate Guide)
Related Post: Choosing a Successful Title and Topic for Your Podcast