Comparison sites grew enormously and there are a lot of people who have taken advantage of using these years in ensuring that they can actually secure a better value in whatever they are planning to buy. With this in mind, it is not a new thing if you will choose this option as your new source for creating a passive income. Given that there are a lot of people who tend to compare products first prior to buying, you are sure to gain a lot of benefits from creating a comparison site.
What is Comparison Site?
A comparison site is known as a vertical search engine used by shoppers as a filter before purchasing any product. This kind of site would usually include a comparison of various things like features, prices, and other important criteria. There are sites that may include a list of various retailers but are not getting any direct commission from it. However, since you are trying to make money, you can actually earn a lot from commissions when visitors of your comparison site will click on any products and make a purchase.
As the name implies, you need to compare goods or services. There are others who focus on comparing prices while there are also those who focus on comparing other important matters that buyers would like to know about. However, everything that you compare on your site will all depend on what you want to compare. Nevertheless, all details you include on your site will result in helping buyers in picking the right products and most likely make a good deal out of their purchase. Consumers are able to make a decision based on real details and not based on hearsays or reviews of other people.
How to Build It
Getting to know what a comparison site is and how it works, learning how you can actually build a site is another thing. Consider the following:
- The first thing that you should do is picking your niche. It is best that you will pick a niche that you understand and are knowledgeable of. This is an advantage on your part since you are also aware of what you want to learn from this niche in the viewpoint of a buyer.
- Next is getting a self-hosted site with a dedicated hosting. Remember to create a professional sounding domain. Get a comparison theme as well as a comparison plugin to make it run.
- You can build your email list and once you have built your list, it is best that you get started picking the merchants that you want to compare and get data feeds from these merchants. In case you can’t get their data feeds, you can get the details you need right from their site and set up a table for every merchant.
- Make sure you refresh your data as prices are changing regularly. Also, don’t forget to add your affiliate links.
- Add a disclaimer on your site as it can keep your site looking a professional third-party site providing helpful details to customers.
Follow these steps carefully and you can expect a smooth start for your comparison site.