With the vast number of eCommerce platforms that are available nowadays, making a name is somehow a bit impossible for any small-time entrepreneur. However, if you can work alongside popular and trusted names in the eCommerce industry, entering the world of eCommerce is somehow easier to do and is less likely be a challenge on your part. One of the popular eCommerce platforms is Amazon and affiliate marketing has been one of the most talked about methods today. Amazon FBA has been the new talk of the town and is gaining the attention of many.
What is Amazon FBA?
Amazon FBA or Amazon fulfillment is a program that allows anyone to virtually sell all their goods through the Amazon platform. It is given that among the biggest challenges of e-commerce businesses is fulfillment. However, with the FBA, Amazon will be the one storing your goods in one of their warehouses, shipping them to any of your customers, handling all the returns and refunds and making sure to provide satisfying customer service.
With all these things, you might assume that you no longer have anything to worry about. However, the things included in Amazon fulfillment don’t mean that you any longer have responsibilities as the seller. It only means that you can get more time focusing on more important activities like increasing the traffic on your product page or improving the conversion rate on your Amazon listing.
How It Works
There are certain steps that you must follow as you try including FBA in your efforts of being an e-commerce entrepreneur. These are the following:
- If you already have a selling account on Amazon, all you have to do is add FBA to your existing account. However, if you are starting, it is necessary that you set a selling account first.
- Start creating your product listings by adding your products either one by one or in bulk to the Amazon catalog. You can also integrate the inventory-management software you are using with Amazon’s API.
- Have your products e-commerce ready. This means that all products must be prepared for a safe and secure transportation to your customers. Pick shipping supplies that can ensure the security and safety of your products during shipment.
- Create a shipping plan and ship all products to an Amazon fulfillment center near you.
- Once your products are already stored, you can start taking orders from your customers and Amazon will be the one picking up and packing the prepared product from the Amazon fulfillment center and then ship them to your customers. Free shipping is only offered for eligible orders while prime customers are always eligible for fast and free shipping services for your products. The tracking information will also be provided by Amazon.
- Customer support is also offered along the FBA service, which makes attending to the concerns of customers easier and more convenient for the seller and customers.
In the following video, you can find a step by step beginners guide “How to sell on Amazon FBA for Beginners”:
Amazon FBA Fees:
In this video, you can find: 3 biggest reasons people fail on Amazon:
With all of these things in mind, e-commerce is sure to get a lot of advantage from using Amazon fulfillment for their business.