How to get Snapchat followers.
Snapchat is a mobile app that gives users the forum to send and receive photos and videos. The pictures and videos are however self-destructive as they are immediately wiped out after 24 hours. The videos and photos are snapped using the phone camera and are sent via WIFI or mobile data.
The videos and pictures are uploaded as “story” and can be viewed by your followers.
Snapchat is growing faster than ever and has more than 110 million daily active users.
Image Source: Statista.com
If at this point you are interested in getting a Snapchat account, then the logical question on your mind now will be how to get followers. Do you need tips or tricks to get them or can they be bought?
There are some tips that will help you to get Snapchat followers. Let us take a look at them.
- Put your Snapchat handle on your social profile: The easiest way to grow your Snapchat fan base is to put your Snapchat handle on your social media handle. Your Facebook profile, Twitter, and Instagram accounts should all have your Snapchat handle on them. This will make it easier for your friends on those social networks easily find and follow you on Snapchat. You should also put it on other platforms like LinkedIn, Omegle, Chatroulette etc.
- Use your blog to promote it: If your blog has a high number of visitors and reads per day, then you can use it to your advantage and grow your Snapchat followers. Signing off your blog post with your Snapchat handle will help a lot in doing just that.
- Reach out to others: There are some people that already have a large number of followers on Snapchat. You can collaborate with anyone of them to shout out your account. This will help increase the number of followers you have. This method might cost you though as you will be required by some to pay before they offer you the service.
- Facebook ads: If you have the means, then using Facebook ad feature will help drive followers to your Snapchat account. Facebook ads are used to drive traffic to a website or to a blog. You can also use this method to drive followers to your Snapchat account.
- Business cards: This might sound old school but putting your handle on your business card actually helps. It will let your clients know that you have an online presence. You can also conclude your email by putting your Snapchat handle.
- Geofilters: The use custom geo filters have proven to help in growing Snapchat friends. You can use the geo filters high-traffic areas where you know people use Snapchat a lot.
- Do a Story takeover to help siphon other communities
- Offer exclusive deals: Most businesses that thrive today have a social media profile. If you run a business and want to direct people to your Snapchat page, then you should advertise and offer exclusive deals on your products and services. This will get people eager to know more about your business and thus follow your Snapchat account.
- Join relevant communities on Facebook groups or Reddit threads (and remember jab jab jab before you right hook to follow on Snapchat)
- Put your username at the bottom of your email signature.
These are some of the tips you can use to grow your followers on Snapchat. Some are more effective than others while others require you to pay for them.
But remember, while I have provided some tactics here if you want to get Snapchat followers, you better provide valuable content and understand what it is you’re trying to achieve.