How to Gain Followers on Twitter?
Social media is an important way to promote your business, online blogs or even to promote yourself if you are a public person. One of the most used social media is Twitter which represents a great way to expose yourself and express who you are and what you can offer.
But unless you are a celebrity, the most difficult part is the beginning, because it requires involvement and a lot of hard work.
Since 2006, Twitter has become the online news and social network service for over 300 million users, who use its services either to connect with friends or to promote their business. As beginners on Twitter, people always look to gain followers and likes on their accounts.
But most of them use Twitter wrong. It is a very strong tool for businesses, but you have to use it correctly.
First of all, to gain followers on Twitter, you should know that the main thing is to follow more people and be careful who you follow. You should pay attention to the correlation between following and followers. Also, make Twitter your priority for few months till you get more followers.
Studies have shown that if you tweet less than 1000 times, you will get around 100 followers, but if you tweet 10000 times, you will get between 1000 and 5000 followers in few months.
On the other way, you have to also focus on your profile.
- Add a great profile image..of your face (people follow people)
- Your Header Image – your header should be 1500×500
- Brand your color scheme – customize your color scheme to use some colors from the website.
- Make easy for people to follow you from your blog – you should share your content everywhere across every social media platform.
- Optimize your bio, because there are users who want to know about you. You have to be sure it’s complete, professional and it represents you or your business.In your bio you can tell people exactly what you do and how can you help them.
- Add social share buttons to your blog posts.
- Follow everyone who follows you. It’s a good practice because people who notice that you didn’t follow them back might unfollow you.
- Also, when you follow back, some people might respond to you publicly, which will give you some added exposure to their followers.
- If you’re worried that you won’t be able to keep up with that many people, you’re right. Once you’re following over 100 people, it’ll be pretty much impossible to read all their updates.
- Ask people to retweet you. Simply adding”Please RT” to the end of some of your posts here and there but not all the time.
- Set up Twitter Cards – With Twitter Cards, you can attach rich photos, videos and media experiences to Tweets, helping to drive traffic to your website.
- Put a Twitter link in your bio – make it easy for people to visit your site after they have read your bio.
- Link to Influencers in your blog and share the blog post via Twitter. Tey referencing them and their work in your content then let them know via Twitter and share a link to the content.If the article is god they will almost always retweet the blog post and you will get some extra followers.
- Avoid sending to many tweets in the short period of time – Best way is to use Buffer or Hootsuite and space them out so they are Twitter throughout the day.
- Tweet More frequently – I recommend tweeting for at least 12 hours a day.You can tweet even more if you have a large following.
- Use hashtags on every tweet – this makes your tweets searchable and increases the number of eyeballs on your content.You can use Hashtagify to find the top hashtags and it is FREE.
- Pin your most important updates.
Here is the graph for the most popular times to tweet in the U.S.
Image Source: Buffer
When you tweet, an important aspect is to use relevant hashtags, which can double your number of followers. Also, ask your followers to retweet, it is very important to be seen by others too.The graph below shows you when is the best time to tweet during the day:
Image Source: Buffer
Be aware of the fact that a good tweet, with relevant hashtags and a nice image, could make your profile better and more visited. It is said that tweets accompanied by images increase your followers with 18%.
If you have other social media accounts, promote your Twitter there. It is vital that people know they can contact you in more than one place. If you have a blog or a website, use a follow button there and you will be easier to find.
Twitter is about connecting, great content and helping the others, so why not retweet other relevant contents when other people need followers just like you do? On the other side, you can mention important people in your tweets, also when relevant.
A last useful thing that you should know is that you can use tools or plugins. For instance, Crowdfire is great to gain followers on Twitter. Based on your interests or your competitor’s interest, they give you people to follow and if they don’t follow you back, you can easily unfollow them.
Remember that if you are serious about your Twitter account and you work hard, there is a big chance to increase your followers day by day. It’s not about science or something that you can’t do. It’s only about following some important steps and remembering that everything that you tweet must be relevant and helpful for the others.
What did you notice from the stats here? Did any of the results surprise you? I’d love to hear your take on this! Feel free to share any thoughts at all in the comments!