10 Places to Make Copies (Near Me).
The Local Library
All local libraries have a copy machine that only costs a small fee for each page. At my local library, they have a library card that allows you to use the copy machines for free. If your part of the district then you gets the library card for free, but if you’re not a resident then you have to pay $25 for six months or $50 a year.
The Local Post Office
Some post offices will still have copy machines. The USPS won’t advertise this online so you’ll have to call them in order to find out if they have one available to the public.
The Local Community Centers
Since local community centers are operated by the government or for a non-profit they may have copy machines that you can use. It’s the best chance of using a public place to make copies after a library.
The FedEx Office will offer copy and print services along with shipping costs. You can submit your orders online and pick them up at your local FedEx Office. At my local FedEx Office, you can get a print order for $50 online and in stores.
The UPS Store offers copy services in more than 2,600 places worldwide. At my local UPS Store, they offer $1.99 per page for an 8.5 x 11″ letter custom paper. For 8.5 x 14” legal custom paper it’s $1.99 per page. For 11 x 17” ledger paper it’s $1.81 per page.
The Local Copy Store
If you come from a small town that doesn’t have its own FedEx or UPS store, then you can go to the local copy and printing store.
Some CVS Pharmacy offer copying services, to make sure that your CVS Pharmacy store is one of them call ahead and ask. My local CVS Pharmacy offers:
- Black and white single-sided for 19 cents per page
- Black and white double-sided for 38 cents per page
- Color single-sided for 99 cents per page
- Color double-sided for $1.98 per page
- CD Copies for $3.99
Office Depot and OfficeMax
All Office Depot locations have custom copying and printing services. If you have an OfficeMax instead of an Office Depot then the prices will still be the same. In my local Office Depot offers:
- Single-sided black and white copy for 9 cents
- Double-sided black and white copy for 9 cents
- Full-color single-sided copy for 42 cents
- Full-color double-sided copy for 42 cents
Staples is the cheaper than the other national and copy services that are out there. So check the local area to see if you have a Staples store. In my local Staples store I can get:
- Black and white high volume B&W copies for 21 cents per page
- Standard Color High-Quality Documents with images and photos for 11 cents per page
- Presentation Graphics 12” x 18” for $14.99
- Presentation Graphics 18” x 24” for $19.99
- Presentation Graphics 24” x 36” for $23.99
Costco offers copy and printing services along with other bulk shopping opportunities. You can also get business cards, letterheads, banners, and posters at Costco.
- Black and white copies are for 3.5 cents each
- Color copies are for 29 cents each