Why would you want to set up your own YouTube channel? Aside from the sheer pleasure of uploading your videos, you can also make money using your own YouTube channel. Your question is – how do you make money from YouTube? Well, read on how making money and setting up your own YouTube channel is done.
How Can You Make Money from YouTube?
Surely, you’ve seen a viral YouTube video, right? Such videos come in all shapes and sizes but they have one thing in common. Each of these viral videos was able to make tons of money for every YouTube video that have gone viral. How to make money out of your videos? Making money from YouTube isn’t as easy as you think it is.
There are lots of hurdles and it’s surely not an easy way to make money. But if you are good at something, would like to help people, make money and at the same time have fun, then YouTube is one great option to do all that. But first things first, you have to set up your own YouTube channel. Here’s how it goes:
Creating Your YouTube Account
Step 1: Go to YouTube and click the Sign In button. You can find it at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Step 2: When the next screen appears, you will create your account and provide your Gmail address as well as relevant personal information.Add keywords to help people find your channel. You can add keywords by navigating to the Advanced section of your Channel Settings. Make sure that your keywords are relevant to your content.
Step 3: On the next screen, you can continue setting up your account by clicking the YouTube icon.
Step 4: Bring up Create Studio by clicking the blue icon located at the top right-hand corner of the screen. Click the Create Studio.
Step 5: Click the Create Channel button when the next screen appears.
There, you have created your YouTube account and your YouTube channel. However, creating your YouTube channel is not enough to make money from YouTube. Once you’re done with setting up your YouTube channel, here are some tips and tricks to successfully sell your knowledge and make money online.
- Username – Can work for you or against you.If it’s short, easy to remember, and original, people will be more apt to remember you. However, if you are using an existing account, you can always change your username by editing it on your Google+ account.
- Add content – Try to upload content that is high quality, and isn’t super long. For ranking in Google, the best length is about 10 min.
- Gain an Audience- Building an audience is key to increasing your monetization. You need people to watch your videos in order to make any money. There is no one secret to getting more subscribers, just make the best content that you can and they will come to you.
- Try to get people hooked. Send your video out on Twitter and Facebook. Share it with people.
- Interact with your viewers by responding to comments
- Monetize your videos with Google AdSense and YouTube Partner – When making money from YouTube, you need to have an idea of what type of videos you wish to upload. It’s important so you can have idea of which audience to cater and advertise them. But before that, you’ll need to first Enable Monetization for your videos and then sign up on Google AdSense.
By enabling monetization you agree that the video content you’ll upload are only videos you have the rights for. It also means that you follow the rules on monetization. On the other hand, signing up for Google AdSense is important for setting up for your payment information when time comes that you’re actually making money.
You’ll also want to be a YouTube partner which gives you the benefit of uploading videos more than 15 minutes long. Becoming YouTube partners also means you get tools for analytics along with much-advanced editing tools.
- Set up Google AdSense – You need to be over 18 years and have PayPal or Bank account and a valid email account.
- Check your analytics – Once you have some videos online you can check out the analytics on them to see how they are performing. Here you can view estimated earnings, ad performance, video views, demographics and more. Before you can start getting paid, you’ll need to reach the payment threshold. This varies depending on your currency. In the US, the payment threshold is $100.
- Market your videos elsewhere.
How to Rank #1 on Youtube – Here is top 5 ranking factors
- The first is called Total Watch Time. This is simply how many minutes of watch time your video has accumulated since you published it. A Total Watch Time your video has the higher it will rank in the search results
- The second one is simply making sure that you hook your viewer in the first 15 seconds of your video
- The third-ranking factor is making sure that your title is keyword optimized.
- Once you’ve optimized your title, it’s time to optimize the video. You’ll need to do before you shoot. Trying to optimize an old video doesn’t work very well.Instead, you’ll need to plan your keyword optimization well before you hit “record”.
- Finally, we have maximizing user engagement signals (likes, comments, subscribers etc.). This shows YouTube that people are interacting with your video.
When you are all set up, what you need to do now is to advertise your videos. You need to get people know what you have to offer which is done through ads. The type of ads your videos display can make a lot of difference in making money from YouTube.