You want to resell online products and services but you don’t have an idea on where to start. In this age where everything is increasingly becoming digital, it’s rare to find a physical product or a service not taking advantage of the benefits that an online channel has to offer.
With the web giving opportunity for products and services to reach wider audience, it’s not surprising that you would want to learn how to sell or resell online. On that note, here’s some valuable information that can help you figure out how to resell products and services online and make your business thrive.
How to Sell Online Products and Services
On selling online products and services, here are the necessary steps:
- Decide What to Sell – Think of what product or service to sell. As you plan to resell them, your products are sourced from drop shippers or third party vendors.
- Identify Target Market – Identify the target market and competition of the product so you can decide on the web design, product pricing, branding and your marketing strategy.
- Right E-Commerce Platform – Make sure that the platform you’ve chosen to where your product will be sold offers you all-in-one solution for the shopping cart software and website so it’ll be easier for you to set up your store.
When you’re done setting up your online store from the shipping method to payment gateways, the next step is to advertise your online store so you can connect with your potential customers. You’ll need to optimize it for search engine, incorporate other marketing strategies and then you’ll be good to go.
Where to Find Products and Services to Resell
If you want to have a successful ecommerce website, one important factor you need is to know what product to sell online. It’s an important step to create a profitable company that you find the perfect product or service to resell. In finding the perfect product or service, there are some criteria and metrics to compare your ideas with.
When looking for the product or service to resell, think of the market size of the product. If it’s your first time selling online, it’s better to choose a product and niche with market size that’s small but sufficient. Avoid niches, though, that are too small and with low keyword searches. Otherwise, you’ll find it harder to find customers and your potential growth will also be limited.
What is the product’s competitive landscape? Are there many competitors, few or none at all? If your prospective niche has too many players, it’s probably been validated. If you want to thrive in that niche, you’re going to need to do something new and different to attract your customer’s attention. So, when looking for products and services to resell, think of the competition first.
These are two of the things to consider when looking for a product/service to resell. As for where, the web has plenty of business and online markets that offer products for reselling. These are the perfect places to where you can find the product you are looking for. But first, make sure that the products are quality and reliable.
Here are five things you can sell as a service provider:
- Training / Courses – You can sell your expertise in the form of training courses. Training platforms such as Udemy and Skillshare.
- Info/Digital Products – They could be anything from software to ebooks to designs. Any digital file when creatively packaged can be sold online
- Templates and Themes – There is a huge demand for website themes and templates built on popular CMS like WordPress and Drupal
- Coaching Sessions – You can reach many more potential students by making your coaching services available online, packaged up into 30-minute or 60-minute increments. Include an appointment booking application on your website so that students can schedule a session instantly. Then use a service such as Skype or Google Hangouts to deliver the coaching session
- Selling Products Through Affiliate Arrangements– Finally, you don’t even need your own products. You can sell the digital products through affiliate advertising arrangements. For every sale you get paid a commission.You can read more about affiliate marketing here.