Do you want to learn How to Become a Blogger and Make Money in 2018, let’s dive in.
- 1 Do you want to learn How to Become a Blogger and Make Money in 2018, let’s dive in.
- 2 Why start a blog?
- 4 Can you Make Money Blogging?
- 5 Why a Self Hosted Blog?
- 6 What are the Most Popular Blogs
- 7 The Huffington Post
- 8 Mashable!
- 9 TechCrunch
- 10 How to Become a Blogger Today in 3 Easy Steps with SiteGround and WordPress
- 11 Fantastic Customer Support
- 12 They Have Awesome Uptime
- 13 STEP 1: Log in to your WordPress Site
- 14 Step 2: One of the Most important steps: How to Get Traffic to Your Website
- 15 How to Monetize Your WordPress Blog?
- 16 Now here are 5 things you need to get them right after you have installed WordPress:
- 17 Time for Action!
I have been using WordPress on SiteGround for the past 6 years for my blogging business, and I’ve learned so much of the technical stuff that seemed hard at first. In this post, I will explain how to get started, and some tips to help you to build your successful blog.
Why start a blog?
Because when in history has it been possible for anyone to start a business that making thousands from home that costs under $4 a month to start, you can check the price here?
With blogging, you can …..
- You can Make Money – Help out financially, many bloggers make $2K-$10K a month.
- Adult Interaction – Blogging allows you to connect with other amazing people and support each other.
- Creative Outlet – Use your passion in a new creative way online.
The blog is your own particular creation; it is your voice, which connects with a private group or with just anybody.
What do I need to know to be a profitable blogger?
- Post on Facebook
- Pin on Pinterest
- Tweet on Tweeter
- Can type an email – you can definitely start a blog.
If you have friends on Facebook or followers on Instagram or Pinterest You already have an audience. You are using these social media sites daily – why not make money while you do it?
Can you Make Money Blogging?
Yes! If you are willing to put in the time and grow your business online. Just look at the following monthly income reports – it is so inspiring!
- Pat Flynn from “SmartPassiveIncome.com” earn the last month 258,737 USD – This is awesome:)
- Michelle from MakingSenseofCents.com earn the last month 258,737 USD – Not Bad:)
Why a Self Hosted Blog?
Using blogging platforms such as Blogger and WordPress.com are good for personal journal types of blogs. But if you are serious about turning your blog into an online business, it is a must to be self-hosted.
If you’re not self-hosted, you won’t be taken seriously as a blogger and You have full control of your blog and you can customize it as you wish.
It’s a tiny investment with a huge payoff.
In this in-depth video you can find more information, why you should choose a self-hosted blog:
What are the Most Popular Blogs
The Huffington Post reporting on news stories and events from practically every major category you could imagine—including, politics, world news, entertainment, business, style and several others.
- Owner – Arianna Huffington
- Monthly earnings – 2,330,000
- Main income – Pay Per Click
Founded in 2005, Mashable delivers newsworthy content about business, video entertainment, culture, tech, science, social good and more.
- Owner – Pete Cashmore
- Monthly earnings – 560 000 USD
- Main income – Advertising Banners
TechCrunch founded in 2005, which focuses on technology, computers, social media, products, websites, and startup companies.
- Owner – Michael Arrington
- Monthly earnings – 400 000 USD
- Main income – Advertising Banners
How to Become a Blogger Today in 3 Easy Steps with SiteGround and WordPress
Step #1. Select a Topic and Niche
Having a profitable blog isn’t about you, it’s about everyone else.
That may be a little surprising…
You can start a blog just for fun, but if you want to make money from blogging, you need to help people and serve their needs first.
So which niche should you select? Select one that you are comfortable with and that you enjoy talking and reading about. … don’t overthink it. If you have an interest, chase it and see how things go!
In this in-depth video you can find more information about: How to Find Your Blogging Niche:
Step #2. Register a Domain Name.
The first thing you need to do is to create your account. Click this link to get started. Then you can come back to this article in this tab to follow the steps below.
How to choose the right domain name – For choosing a new domain name I recommend that you choosing .com and not .net or .org etc. You will find that the most domain names with only 2 or 3 words are already taken. If you’re having trouble coming up with a blog name, just remember not to overcomplicate it. Your name matters very little in the grand scheme of things.
Here is a list of words that you can use:
- The, One, My, Name, etc.
- Tips, Ideas, Design etc.
- Site, Blog, Hub
- Extra, Plus, More, etc.
- Central, Zone, Space
How do I get a domain name? Well, you can get it for FREE through Siteground, and you can get it at the same time that you set up hosting. So I recommend that because it makes it as easy as possible for you.
If you want to have your own domain name, you need to get it from a registrar such as Godaddy. There are many registrars out there to choose from but the process can be quite frustrating.
So the answer? Siteground! Let’s just do it now and get it over with, right!? Otherwise, you have to worry about pointing your domain name to the correct servers, etc. and that gets complicated!
So we’re going to set up the domain name below at the same time as the hosting.
In the video below you can learn: How to Setup a Godaddy Domain Name on Siteground Hosting Account
If I have already a domain name, can I transfer to Siteground?
Yes! They have free website transfer that is included in the SiteGround hosting service.
Step #3. Get a Hosting Package From SiteGround
Why Start a Blog with SiteGround?
Fantastic Customer Support
They are seriously super quick in answering questions and helping you set up your site. Not only will they answer all your hosting questions, they will actually help you with technical support too! I chatted with the customer service at SiteGround and they installed and set up my WordPress for me in 5 minutes. They also redirected web pages for me when I did not know how to do it. I wonder if they will write my posts for me too?
They Have Awesome Uptime
I have heard nothing but great things about SiteGround from other bloggers. And so far I have had a speed up and running a site with them!
Very Honest and Real SiteGround Review
If you want to make money on your blog you will need to have a self-hosted blog. And when you sign up for a blog with SiteGround through my link you get a free domain name and big discounts on all hosting plans.
Which Hosting Plan to Choose is best for me?
When you create your account, you’ll have options for the StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek. I recommend starting with the basic account(10 000 Visits Monthly) for your first blog. Later, you may want to create more blog sites, and you can always upgrade your account for a couple dollars to get the GrowBig(25 000 Visits Monthly) account. Yep, 25 000! Yet another reason to love SiteGround!
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that are starting now
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple websites and the SuperCacher that greatly improves a WordPress and Joomla website speed
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or more geeky development needs like staging and GIT integration
Why I love SiteGround to Host my Blog?
- Their customer service is SUPER FAST! I am always connected to someone who is super helpful and eager to answer my question within a few seconds.
- I feel like I have a whole tech team for free!
- They have amazing uptime! My previous hosting company (BlueHost) dropped my site for over 24 hours – this has never happened with SiteGround.
- They installed WordPress on my site for me for free!
But to become a successful blogger you need to follow a plan.In the next steps I will show you how to start the right way and don’t make the same mistake like me when I started my blog:
STEP 1: Log in to your WordPress Site
The Siteground part is done now so you don’t need to think more about it.
In the future, you access your WordPress site will by yourdomainname.com/wp-admin.
Now you log in with username and password that you set up earlier when you installed a WordPress.
Tip: Choose a password that is difficult to break due to so many hacker attacks against WordPress sites.
Step 2: One of the Most important steps: How to Get Traffic to Your Website
To get people to your site and convert them into subscribers or customers and how to monetize this traffic is the most difficult part of blogging but don’t worry if you follow my plan and focus on the following steps you will be on the right way to become a successful blogger.
- Write long articles – Sometimes you will want to write short articles to give a quick answer to the question but that doesn’t work. If you want to rank your post and get traffic to your site you need to write a post between 1500 and 3000 words. A case study from Backlinko shows that the most posts that rank on page one in Google have between
- If you want to make money, don’t write about your interests or opinion, write posts that directly answer questions that people type in Google.
- Try to link to external sites, like Wikipedia or another authority site to back up your opinion on this topic.
- Internal linking – It is very important to do it because this way you show on Google which pasts are most important on your site and Google will rank them.
- Remember, to build a blog/business and to become a good blogger will take some time so do not quit too soon.If your site is a brand new, it will take a Long time for Google to test and trust your site.
- By consistent, When you lunch your blog try to publish a post every day for the first 30 to 60 days. And don’t worry, you don’t need to write 3000-word posts but try at least 50% of these posts be at least 2000 words and the rest can be posted with a length between 500 and 1000 words.But try to post every day for this period and Google will reward you with high rankings.
How to Monetize Your WordPress Blog?
- Affiliate Products – These type of products can be both information products(Clickbank) like ebooks, courses, guides etc.but before you start to sell them you need to build an audience.Physical products(Amazon Associates). In this case, you only link to these products(sending traffic to them) and you will get a commission for doing that.
Related Post: What is Clickbank? How To Make Money With Them?
- Advertising (Google Adsense) – Without a lot of traffic, it is difficult to earn much income.But when you start a blog I recommend that you focus only on writing a quality content that people are searching for in the search engines and after you reached about 20 000 pageviews per month than you can start to think about how to monetize your site/blog and what type of monetization is the best for your site.
Tip: The biggest reason why so many people fail is that they try to do everything from the begging(write content, post on all Social Media networks, link building, guest posting etc.)
It is not possible to do everything at once you should focus only on writing for the first two months and only make a Social Media accounts but your main focus should be on writing quality content on your site.
After these two months, you can start publishing fewer articles and start doing other thinks of engaging with your audience or gust posting etc.
Now here are 5 things you need to get them right after you have installed WordPress:
1.Install a Good Theme – If you don’t have a budget you can use a free Themes but I will not recommend to do it because usually they are very slow and have a lot of problems with other plugins and they can be very easy Hackett, so if you have around 50 or 60 dollars to invest, it is definitely a good idea to do it.
X-Theme – This theme is one of the fastest, responsive and good looking themes for WordPress. And it is very easy to be customised.you don’t need any coding at all.Click here to check the current price and see if it is right for you.
Now, before you purchase this theme check it first and see what the theme is designed to do.But remember, buy the only theme that you like and you don’t need to customise it.
2.Set up Permalinks – When you publish a new page WordPress will create a new URL but the default URL is like this “yoursite.com/?p=102.”
Go to Dashboard/Settings/Permalinks and change it to”Post Name”, this way Google will read your page properly and will rank it faster.
3.Back up your site. It is happened to me before where I have spent a lot of days and weeks and .. it is gone! Try to back up your site every week so you can quickly restore your site.
There are a lot of different plugins you can use and there are totally free, you can search for “backup” in plugin section and you will find them.Choose one with m0ost downloads and best ratings.
4.Block Spam Comments – you will be surprised how many spam comments you will get, so if you don’t want to wais your time for deleting Spam comments you can install a free plugin called “Akismet” and you don’t need to worry about Spam comments anymore.
5.Start Writing quality posts – Now is the time to focus on writing a good quality content that helps people and remember, if you want to rank in Google and get traffic from them you need your articles to be at least 1500 words.To speed up your site you need to resize your images before you add them to your site. It is very easy to do it with Resizeimage.net, just upload your image and scale down them.For full-width images, I scale them to 900 pixels and for smaller photos, you can scale them down to 350 pixels.
After you have published from 20 to 30 posts you can start to comment on other blogs for getting links and traffic to your site.The best way is to choose 5 or 10 different blogs in your niche and focus only on them.This way when you start commenting often on this blogs the bloggers who own the blog will notice you(because you are adding value to his/her blog) and this way you will start to make a relationship that can help you in the future(you can ask him to publish a guest post on his blog.)
Time for Action!
NB! If you want to succeed in 2018 as a blogger you need to focus on writing quality content.Due to algorithm changes(If you post your article on Facebook only 10% of your followers will see it).
I will recommend that you are using not more than 30 minutes per day on social media.
To become a blogger is very exciting and every one with computer and internet connection can do it.Just remember to choose the topic that you are interested in and you are passioned about it because this will help you to not get bored and continue your journey.