Do you want to start your own Hosting Company?
- 1 Do you want to start your own Hosting Company?
- 2 Know the Market
- 3 Pre-startup research
- 4 Deciding the Core of the Business
- 5 Decide on what Services and Products to Offer
- 6 How to create a web hosting server in 3 easy steps?
- 7 Step 1: Make sure your computer has all the following prerequisites
- 8 Step 2: obtain ngork
- 9 Step 3: A URL to the localhost will be assigned automatically.
- 10 Consider Planning of Giving Customer Service and Support
Due to the big demands of the web hosting market, it is indeed valuable for you to start your own hosting company because of the many opportunities in store for you.
It will, however, take hard work and planning to make this a lucrative business. The first thing I would ask anyone who want to start a web hosting business would be; what is the goal of starting this company?
Are you a web developer who wants to offer your clients hosting with your web design service? Are you looking this be your sole source of income or something in between?
Knowing the answer to this question will help you study the next important question: Is there a share of the market you believe you can acquire?
If ever you are ready in starting your own hosting company, below is a step-by-step-short guide on how to do it to be able to avoid pitfalls and improves your success.
Video Overview: How To Create A Web Hosting Business With WordPress – WHMCS Tutorial
Know the Market
Since web hosting is a competitive and wide-ranging industry, it is just essential for you to know the market. You need to offer something unique or better than your competitors for the business customers and you need to do some extensive marketing for this matter.
After you have finally identified the niche, you now need to make an effort on additional research. Learn more about the top five competitors in the hosting niche including their services and fee structures offered. It will also be ideal to make use of a spreadsheet.
Deciding the Core of the Business
Three of the different types of web hosting businesses to decide on include at-home server, reseller hosting and data center collocation.
Decide on what Services and Products to Offer
Now, you need to determine the services and the products that must be offered for the new hosting company. It will now be essential to decide on service options like:
- Shared hosting – your hosting account is one of many accounts on a server, or group of servers, that are maintained by a hosting provider.
If you’re new to hosting and have a limited budget, shared hosting is a good place to start.
Here are a few things to consider, are shared hosting the right choice for you.
In general, the daily traffic to a small business website doesn’t exceed 2,000 visitors. This means that these websites typically don’t require a lot of bandwidth or resources to support them.
In addition, newer, small business websites tend to be more simple and straightforward, with fewer website files and data. This means, that they do not require a lot of server space or other resources.
By sharing a hosting server with others, gives your small business website the power and space it needs, at a much lower cost than a dedicated solution.
- Cloud hosting – Unlike shared and dedicated hosting, where everything that’s needed to make your website or application function is housed on a single server or server stack, cloud hosting uses innovative technologies to spread the files, data, resources, bandwidth, and computing operations among multiple servers that are networked to act as one system.
This distributed solution eliminates any single point of failure, provides redundant data storage, and guarantees exclusive use of server resources, such as processing and memory.
Cloud hosting also provides great flexibility and scalability, making it easy to upgrade or downgrade for periods of higher or lower traffic. Another big bonus of cloud hosting is that you pay only for the resources you consume.
Cloud hosting is a powerful solution for large, high-traffic internet sites and applications that require the highest level of performance. Managing a cloud hosting solution is not a simple process.
It takes the skills of an experienced Linux server administrator or IT professional, so it’s not a good solution to start with.
- Virtual private servers (VPS) – Hosting is a step up from shared hosting.VPS hosting involves the use of virtualization technology to partition a single computer to simulate multiple servers. It has many of the benefits of dedicated server hosting at a much lower price and is an ideal solution for small and medium businesses.
Very easy to scale up gives you guaranteed RAM, storage, and bandwidth and your own IP address.
- Dedicated servers – it is the Rolls Roys for web hosting. It is for websites that generate a lot of traffic and is above the VPS hosting and is the most expansive.
- Reseller hosting – Reseller hosting is perfect for people who wish to sell hosting services without having to invest in servers, networks & all of the other infrastructure required to be a hosting company. As a reseller, you are allocated a bulk amount of disk space & bandwidth which you are free to resell on to your own customers.
You can create your own custom packages & market the service in whichever way you like. The service is fully featured & your customers will have their own web hosting control panel.
There is no upfront investment, just a small monthly or annual fee.
The first thing you need to do is to create your hosting plans so that you can offer your clients a range of different pricing options. You decide how much disk space, bandwidth, email addresses & databases each plan can have.
Once you have done this you simply need to enter your customer´s domain name, give them a username & password & assign the relevant plan to them & their account is instantly activated.
Each customer has their own Control Panel login so they are in full control of their web hosting.
As a novice, you only need to start with a reseller hosting system as it will benefit you from the lower cost of operation and simplicity.
Video Overview: How To Start A Web Hosting Business In 2018
How to create a web hosting server in 3 easy steps?nt-weight: 400;">Step 1: Make sure your computer has all the following prerequisites
- mySQL: this is a solution for database, here you can store all the data you might be using on your site, it needs to be stored in a table.
- Apache2: here you have an open source HTTP, is the most common and popular web-server worldwide nowadays.
- PHP and PHP SQLite component: for those who don’t know what PHP is, is basically a server that on the side will help scripting language, it will
help you at the moment you need to interact with MySQL.
Install MySQL: this is the database solution to help your storage any
information about your site, you need to download it using the following
command your terminal sudo apt-get install mysql-server php5-mysql
Install Apache 2: Is really easy to install Apache, you just need to have your terminal opened and type this commands sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install apache2
Then you need to open any browser you normally use and check the IP address if you have a local one you can use 127.0.0.1.
Install PHP: This is what you need to use to write script language, this is necessary to create libraries that are necessary to store information, to install it use this command
apt-cache search php5- to look available libraries sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5 php5-mcrypt
sudo apt-get install php5-sqlite Install PHP and php5-mysql
After that, you need to restart apache 2 sudo service apache2 restart
Last step here, enter your browse, onto 126.96.36.199/info.php
Video Overview: How Digg.com’s Kevin Rose Crashed My $30,000/m Web Hosting Business
know how to create a web hosting server that will allow all your clients to use it, you need to obtain a static IP, if you have a normal IP the IP directions will keep changing and will be impossible to access the server, that is the reason you need one, however sometimes configuring your own static IP can turn in having no Internet at all, that is why we suggest having ngrok, basically this site helps you to handle that issue really easily, you will be engaged to an IP with a URL, then it would be requesting his own permission to your localhost, then whenever someone visits your site the request will be forwarded to localhost, if the IP changes this site updates it really quickly, so you will never have an issue with it.
Step 2: obtain ngork
To use ngork you just need to visit the web page, and download the application, really easy.
er you download ngrok, run the application, at the moment you run it, it will automatically create a tunnel for your localhost, you will have 2 versions to get onto your site, the HTTP and the https one.
Step 3: A URL to the localhost will be assigned automatically.
The only step is behind is copying the URL and place it in any navigator, and now you have your site up and running, is actually really easy to create a web hosting server.